Receive in-kind marketing support as part of our upcoming campaign.
Submission Deadline Extended! Submit by Sept. 15, 2022
Arts and cultural organizations in the greater Pittsburgh area can take advantage of in-kind marketing support this summer as part of the Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council’s community marketing initiative!
Funded by the Henry L. Hillman Foundation, this campaign is a continuation of the Restart the Arts marketing initiative, created to encourage local participation in arts events throughout the pandemic. This year’s campaign features more than 9 weeks of local advertising placements that will rotate to feature upcoming arts events on the radio, events newsletters, social media, and online news.
Submit your events, shows, performances, gallery openings, or arts markets occurring between August 1 and October 15, 2022. Submissions will be reviewed for potential inclusion in the campaign on a rolling basis through September 15, 2022.
- Must be an arts or cultural organization in Allegheny County
- Submitted events must be listed on Artsburgh.org prior to the start of our campaign on July 15th
- Only one event submission per organization will be accepted as part of the campaign
- Priority will be given to organizations with annual budgets of less than $250,000 and/or BIPOC-led organizations. The Arts Council defines a BIPOC-led organization as one where 51% of leadership and/or staff identify as Black, Indigenous, or People of Color.
- This should not deter other organizations to submit their events for consideration, as the campaign will offer multiple opportunities for promotion.
- Events must occur between July 15th and September 30th. Events that are still being planned may be submitted, but please provide as much information as possible.
The Arts Council’s communications team will collaborate with its marketing firm to match submitted events to advertising opportunities in our media plan. Selection will include the following considerations:
- Do the dates of the event(s) fit into a media placement opportunity?
- Are we selecting a diverse range of arts disciplines and geographic locations within Allegheny County?
- If there are multiple events vying for the same media opportunity, BIPOC-led organizations and/or smaller organizations will receive precedence.