Applications are now open for new members of the Black Arts Action Committee, a paid council of Black leaders, arts professionals, and artists.
The Black Arts Action Committee, now in its third year, serves as a resource and guide to create more equitable opportunities to advance the careers of Black artists and arts organizations in the region. Committee members will meet to discuss and build programs that address the needs and concerns of the Black arts community and how the Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council, and other partners, can provide better resources and support.
Interested applicants need to commit to serving a two-year term and should take note of the below projected committee timeline, as members will need to be present at the following community events and meetings:
Committee Timeline for Fiscal Year 2023-2024
- July 2023: New committee orientation
- August 2023: Community Engagement Event 1
- Sept. 1, 2023: Committee Meeting from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- November 2023: Community Engagement Event 2
- Dec. 1, 2023: Committee Meeting from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- February 2024: Community Engagement Event 3
- March 1, 2024: Committee Meeting from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Applications will be accepted through 5 p.m. on Friday, June 30.
Header image: Artwork created by, and posted in memory of, founding Black Arts Action Committee member Natiq Jalil.