Thanks to our local partners and funding from the Allegheny Regional Asset District, we are proud to offer access to shared equipment that can be used for audio, captioning, and more. You must reserve equipment in advance.
Open Captioning Equipment
Housed at City Theatre, this includes a netbook and LED screen to display dialogue for scripted events. Captions are displayed on a large three-line LED screen. Reserve your equipment by filling out the form below and sending it to Katie Trupiano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audio Description/Assistive Listening/Simultaneous Translation Equipment
Two complete digital radio systems are available to the community for:
- assistive listening (amplified sound for people with hearing loss)
- audio description (for people who are blind or have low vision)
- simultaneous translation into another language at the same time
These systems are housed at the Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council, available for pick-up during business hours, or City Theatre, available for pick-up some evening and weekend hours.
Thanks to the support of the Allegheny Regional Asset District, our region has two sets of complete Williams Sound Digi-Wave 300 multichannel digital radio frequency systems housed at the Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council and City Theatre. Any regional cultural organization can use the equipment at no cost.
These systems are best used for Audio Descriptions, Assistive Listening, or Simultaneous Translation.
A few things to know:
- After you reserve the equipment, you will receive a confirmation email with contact info for the Arts Council or City Theatre so you can make arrangements and plan for specific pick-up and return times.
- To ensure that the equipment is available to other organizations, please plan to return the equipment the day after you are done using it.
- We ask that you clean and charge the equipment before returning it. Cleaning instructions will be included with the equipment.
- Please acknowledge (orally at your event or in print if possible) RAD when you use this equipment with the following: This equipment was made available to the community through a grant from the Allegheny Regional Asset District.
What You Will Receive
In a Case:
- 25 DLR 300 Receivers (complete with black skins and wrist straps)
- 25 headsets for the receiver
- 12 port charging dock
In a Bag:
- 3 DLT 300 Transceivers (one in a red skin and two in gray skins)
- Charging equipment for the transceivers
- 3 30-pin USB charging cords
- 3 usb chargers
- 1 lavalier mic
- 2 headsets with mics
- Purell sanitizing wipes
- Cleaning instructions for equipment
Manuals and Instructions
- Digi-Wave 300 Manual
- Digi-Wave Digital Receiver Quick Setup Guide
- Digi-Wave Digital Transceiver Quick Setup Guide
- Digi-Wave Dock Manual
- Digi-Wave 300 Specifications
- Digi-Wave System Overview